We show you the best of each material in surprising applications and desirable objects
Milo Dool design is a product design studio based in the Netherlands. We design, develop and manufacture products driven by our passion for raw materials.
We are continuously exploring materials by doing research and experiments. That is how we discover new and unexpected applications, which we transform into innovative designs. All of our products are designed and manufactured to high quality standards using both handcraft and modern production techniques.
Milo Dool (1991) is graduated in 2014 as a product designer at the Willem de Kooning Academy in Rotterdam. After his study he founded his own design studio.
Buy handmade products directly from us on our online shop!
Milo Dool Design can support you making the step from concept or sketch to a market-ready product
Milo Dool Design provides its expertise and services to other creative studios on a freelance base. Do you need to make that final step from a concept or prototype to a market-ready product and work out the technical details? Our design studio can support you realising your product. We have a broad knowledge of materials and production techniques. We are especially experienced in working with wood. We can support you both from our studio in Leiden, or on location within the Netherlands.
What we can do for you:
- Product Design, concept development and advise
- 2D technical drawings in vector program Adobe Illustrator
- Prototyping / Scale models, we are mainly specialised in working with wood
- Product development; work out technical detail and product testing
- Support with preparations for an exhibition
- Woodturning: We are experienced in working with this ancient craftsmanship, we can make prototypes and high quality end products
- Other.. Tell us what you need help with, don’t hesitate to contact us
When you are interested in working with us, please contact us.
Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam
Product Design from 2010 until 2014
Graduated in 2014 (Bachelor of Design)
Nominee for the Kunstprijs Binnenmaas 2014
Nominee for the New Material Award 2014
Nominee for the Drempelprijs 2014
- Frame Magazine edition 102 January/February 2015, page 044
- Spalted Wood, The History, Science and Art of a Unique Material - by Sara C. Robinson, Hans Michaelsen & Julia C. Robinson 2016. Several images and a full description of my project 'Wood Decay by Fungi' can be found on the pages 17, 18, 22, 184, 185, 223